The Centre for Autonomous Systems is focused on the future of autonomous systems. It aims to do this by carrying out world-class research, providing high-quality training and education and collaborating with top companies in the industry to design, develop, enhance and analyse autonomous systems.
The Centre brings together students and faculties from across disciplines such as Engineering, Management and Science to work collaboratively on the next generation of autonomous systems such as robotics, autonomous underwater, ground and aerial vehicles and more!
Our Mission and Vision
- CAS has set the following goals to guide its activities and efforts:
- Bridging the gap between academia, research and industries in the domain.
- Uniting students & faculty who wish to pursue research that will build the future of autonomous systems.
- Becoming the research partner of choice for key industries to enable effective translation of research outcomes to commercial products.
- Attracting, retaining and delivering high-quality research students to the industry and academia.
- Bringing research to the undergraduate classrooms and reinforcing practice-based approach.
- Achieving sustainability in funding, research talent, capacity and delivery of world-class outputs.
Key Research Areas
The Centre for Autonomous Systems will focus its efforts to do advanced research on robotics, autonomous underwater, ground and aerial vehicles. In line with that, the primary research areas will be:
- Mechanical design exploration of autonomous systems
- Multi-sensor system integration, data fusion and perception
- Control systems for remotely controlled or unmanned system operation
- Localization, Navigation and Communication of Autonomous Vehicles
- Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Robustness (reliability, longevity and safety)