MD (Community Medicine)
The Doctor of Medicine in Community Medicine (MD Community Medicine) is a doctoral-level program that takes three years to complete and focuses on improving the overall health of local communities and populations.
Students who are interested in providing medical care to the communities in which they live have the option to study MD Community Medicines. One must have completed their graduation in MBBS or any other relevant degree with a mark of at least 50% from an institute that the MCI recognizes to be eligible for the MD in Community Medicines program. It's possible that to get into MD Community Medicines, you'll first need to pass an entrance exam like NEET-PG, then you'll have to go through a GD/PI round.
Scope in MD (Community Medicine)
The job prospects for an MD specializing in community medicine are excellent. Some people who earn doctorates in MD Community Medicine can pursue various careers in the medical and public health industries, as well as new technology and management, technical consulting, and other related fields.
Career Options in MD (Community Medicine)
Opportunities for employment following completion of an MD in community medicine:
- Managers of Health Services in a Variety of Health Organizations, Including Public and Private (Medical Officer in charge of PHC, CHC, etc.)
- Program managers and specialists in Surveillance, Monitoring, and evaluation are needed for various national health programs that the Indian government administers.
- Members of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare who work as Consultants
- Medical Officers of Surveillance and Consultants in a variety of International Organizations, including WHO, UNICEF, CARE, and others
- Serve as a Family Health Practitioner, Nutritional Consultant, and Lifestyle Expert, as well as a Counsellor.
- A career in academia as a faculty member in a variety of medical and allied health sciences
- As an epidemiologist working for a variety of organizations, both government and non-government
Programme offered at
- GITAM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, GIMSR Campus
Duration of the programme
- 3 Years