Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Our 4-year undergraduate Bachelor of Physiotherapy program offers a required 6-month clinical internship and teaches the science of physical movement, intending to reduce illness and disability. Physiotherapy is a multidisciplinary discipline that falls under the umbrella of medicine and health. You will be prepared to assist those with physical disabilities via physical therapy.
Students study Reflexology and concepts from Psychology in physiotherapy studies. They assist patients in overcoming their limitations and enhancing their general quality of life by using this information with movement, exercises, and guidance. Think of a physiotherapist as a life coach for your physical well-being.
Students also learn how to apply and modify treatment programs to meet patients' individual requirements. Numerous human talents are needed for physical treatment. You will need a lot of compassion and understanding as you help others heal.
Some of the topics addressed in physiotherapy programmes are
- Therapeutic Practice
- Basic Motor Skills of Children with Disabilities
- Pain Therapy
- Medical Recovery
Scope of Bachelor of Physiotherapy
The curriculum is designed to help students better understand the abilities and information required to assess, identify, and treat patients. A Bachelor of Physiotherapy degree includes all facets of physiotherapy rather than concentrating on one particular area.
Students interested in specializing might consider enrolling in a Master of Physiotherapy or MPT degree. Some of the most prominent physiotherapy specializations are listed below:
- Neurology Master's Program
- Sports Physiotherapy Master's Degree
- Pediatric Physical Therapy (MPT)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Sciences Master's Degree
Career option for Bachelor of Physiotherapy
After receiving their BPT, physiotherapy students can continue their studies at a higher level or specialize in the discipline. Graduates of the BPT program can also enroll in postgraduate programs in hospital administration, business management, public health management, and other fields. Among many of the job opportunities available for physiotherapy students, here are a few.
- Sports physio rehabilitator
- Self-employed physiotherapists
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Pharmacy, GIMSR Campus
Duration of the programme
- 4 Years
- A minimum of 60% or 6.0 CGPA (55% incase of CBSE and ICSE) aggregate marks in the Intermediate or 12th examination from a recognized central / state board or its equivalent with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects in academic years.