Central Research Laboratory
Central Research Laboratory (CRL), GITAM Institute of Technology, GITAM University is a research centre under which faculty from all streams of Engineering and Science carry out their research work. It is fully equipped with sophisticated instruments accessible to all the researchers. The main objective of the CRL is to promote high quality research in science and engineering disciplines by providing facilities and technical expertise in support of basic and applied research activities. The laboratory promotes scientific thinking and experimental exposure for the faculty and students as well.
CRL is established with the following objectives:
- To serve and support research activities of the university faculty and students.
- To meet the experimental/ numerical/ analytical / testing needs of government organizations, R & D laboratories, industries etc.
- To provide training for students and other technical staff in the university.
- To provide technical support and consultancy.
- To coordinate with academic, research-related and scientific organizations to share and exchange technical expertise.
- Centre for Advanced Computation (CAC)
- Centre for Materials Research (CMR)
- Centre for Bi-Product and Process Development (CBPD)
- Centre for Medical Bio-Technology (CMB)
- Centre for Advanced Materials & Processing (CAM & P)
- Centre for Chemical Analysis (CCA)
- Centre for Industrial Bio-Technology(CIB)
- Centre for Water Quality Analysis and Monitoring (CWQAM)
- Centre for Instrumentation Facility (CIF)
- Centre for Heavy Equipment Facility (CHEF)
Centre for Advanced Computation (CAC): Image processing, bio-informatics, computer network and security, database and data mining, soft computing and computational fluid dynamics.
Centre for Advanced Materials & Processing (CAM & P): Nanofluids, nanocoatings, bio- fuels, metal cutting and cutting fluids, vibrations and condition monitoring and composite materials, CNC milling, powder metallurgy.
Centre for Materials Research (CMR): Synthesis and characterization of materials.
Centre for Chemical Analysis (CCA): Extraction of toxic metals, trace metal analysis, natural product chemistry and herbal drug chemistry.
Centre for Bio-Product and Process Development (CBPD): Bio-pesticide development.
Centre for Industrial Bio-Technology (CIB): Development of industrial products and processes, biomass-based materials: organic acids, alcohol, fuels, plant-based bio-degradable plastics; treatment of waste water and energy efficiency measures.
Centre for Medical Bio-Technology (CMB): Developmental biology, cancer biology and tissue engineering.
Centre for Plant Bio-Technology (CPB): Agricultural Bio-Technology, abiotic stress tolerance of croplands and medicinal plants, isolation of vitamins from rice and wheat brans.
Centre for Water Quality Analysis and Monitoring (CWQAM): Drinking water testing, quality analysis, and monitoring.
GITAM University further aims at foraying into research in emerging fields and key hi-tech disciplines of the future and encourages its researchers to participate in a wide range of international research collaborations. GITAM’s extensive network creates unique opportunities for conducting and supporting community needed research, particularly in inter and multi-disciplinary areas to serve the society. 48 research projects funded by various government and industrial organizations are being carried out here.